Dearborn Heights Soccer Club / Michigan Mustang FC are pleased to annouce our
TopSoccer Program. JOIN TODAY!
US Youth Soccer TopSoccer (the outreach program for soccer) is a community-based training and team placement program for young athletes with disabilities, organized by youth soccer association volunteers. the program is designed to bring the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to any boy or girl, who has a mental or physical disability. our goal is to enable the thousands of young athletes with disabilities to become valued and successful members of the us youth soccer family.
The recreational season is about to begin!
REGISTER TODAY to ensure you child will play!
Registration closes on July 29th, don't delay, register TODAY!
Recreational season begins August 22nd.
*** Bring 3 friends for recreational or YDP program & your child plays for FREE! ***
1. Team sports help children learn how to function as part of a group reaching for a common goal. Such sports force cooperation and a reliance on one another to reach a goal. This element can then be generalized to all other aspects of a child’s life, including group projects and also someday working in a venue with others.
2. Team sports help children tolerate wins and losses with peer reference for such experiences. When children view their peers going through similar experiences, it helps them both normalize and tolerate the feelings better.
3. Team sports reinforce the physical health aspects of sport. It is also often more fun for kids to exercise in a group with some competition than independently.
4. Team sports are wonderful ways for children to put their emotions into something healthy and constructive. In fact, most children who play team sports do not use drugs or alcohol as frequently as children who do not exercise on a regular basis.
5. Finally, kids who play team sports tend to function better with both their siblings and parents at home because being a team member at home always makes things more functional.
The multi-benefits of individual sports are also plentiful but team sports bring more social benefits which are equally beneficial for a child or adolescent’s development. If you are interested in introducing the idea of a team sport to your child, let them pick the sport, not you, so they feel like it’s for them, not you and be their biggest fan. They will appreciate your support.
[Source: Dr. Keith Kanner]
Congratulations to Our Most Recent Champions!!!
Dearborn Heights Soccer Club… Where Athletes are Trained and Champions are Born.
Are You In?
Letting you child shine is one of the hardest things for a parent. We want them to excel, but sometimes, it's best to stand out of the way. "Win or Lose" is a great read on how to do just that. Click here to read/download the PDF.
College recruiting video's
Click HERE to visit our web site
Luxury Home Goods
26500 Ford Rd
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
Mon-Sat 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sun 11:00 am - 6:00 pm